Kailasagiri - The Beautiful Hill Top And Best Tourist Place
Kailasagiri is a hilltop and have a beautiful place relating to natural scenery in the city of Visakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh. The park was developed by VUDA (Visakhapatnam Urban Development Authority) and it consists of 380 acres of land covered with the plants of a particular region and tropical trees. The hill, at 173 meters, (568 ft).
Kailasagiri is “Best Tourist Spot” awarded by Government of Andhra Pradesh in 2003. Around 300 thousand Indian and foreign tourists visit the park every year. Keep safe from harm the environment, VUDA has openly announced the hill is a plastic-free zone. Here a cable car attracts every visitor it connects the top of the hill.
Lord Siva Parvathi statue is looking beautiful and it is major attraction of Kailasa hills. The Siva Parvathi statue on the top of the hill at state of position of 40 feet. Kailasagiri is one of the most favor location to filmmakers across the India. The statues of Goddess Parvathi and Lord Shiva will eye catch and attracts the visitors.
The hill top has number of wonderful attractions such as Titanic viewpoint, Shanku-Chakra Namas of Lord Venkateswara of Tirupati and delicious food courts. Sometimes the laser show will be conducted at kailasagiri hill top to attract the visitors. Mostly it will be done on the time of “Visakha Utsav” celebration.
The floral clock is also placed as part of attraction elements and that was one of the biggest in India as it was made with 10 feet in diameter. Floral clock is one of the major attractions at Kailasa giri is giving a revealing natural creative skill look with the lush green patches to the Shiva Parvathi statue. It is in order to attract visitors as a land mark for the tourists and attract more visitors. And according to the VUDA, one project proposal made for exclusive Butterfly Park and Highest Manmade Water Falls on Hilltop of Kailasagiri.
Ropeway at Kailasagiri hill
The rope way facility is a big attraction at Kailasa giri. The cable car route takes you to the top of the hill to have a view from a very high place that allows you to see a large area. This kind of ropeway is first in Andhra Pradesh.
Toy train ride at Kailasagiri Park
The toy train ride at Kailasagiri Park is one of the activity to facilitate the public and this is one of the major attraction also. It is charging Rs.40 for adults and Rs.30 for children. The toy train ride will gives a good vision to see the Kailasagiri park and of the whole Bay of Bengal at Vizag.
Telugu Museum At Kailasagiri
Vizag has the first Telugu Museum in the Country. As Telugu language has its own history, the presentation showed at Telugu museum on kailasagiri hill top. And the environment will amaze you with beautiful view with different colors of flowers and plants.
- One of the special attraction of museum is, the beautiful audio-visual presentation in around 58 minute about the history of Telugu language. The presentation we can see by sitting on rotating table which are contains many number of chairs at center point and the view is attracts with beautiful lightings.
- Lepakshi Nandi, poetess Molla, Penukonda Fort, Annamayya, Tirupati temple, Mosque many laws ans stone sculptured coins, history of Bhadrachalam, Rani Rudramadevi, history of the Kakatiyas and importance of Amaravathi region.
- The Art of Kalamkari is a form of craft work in the museum was done by the artists of Sri Kalahasti.
- Extremely beautiful woodworks, sculptures, Paintings and an audio visual presentation of the past events of Telugu are things which share to each and every visitor of this museum.
- The portraits of 70 great persons from Andhra Pradesh composed at the entrance of the museum including Jnanpith awardees, Dadasaheb Phalke awardees, Chief Ministers, Prime Ministers, litterateurs and freedom fighters.
- The 10 large Lepakshi paintings on the upper interior surface of a room that gives stylish in appearance it treats to the eyes.
- The museum also exhibit ‘Fibre Reinforce Plastic’ sculptures in around 200 that included as part of the whole being considered those of Thousand Pillar Temple, Telugu Thalli, Sri Krishnadevaraya and his Court Scene.
Telugu Museum Entry Fee:
According the information provided by them, The entry fee mentioned below
Ticket for full show: Rs.40 per head
Ticket for general show: Rs.20 per head
12.00 noon to 01.00 P.M.
2.00 P.M to 3.00 P.M.
04.00 P.M to 5.00 P.M.
06.00 P.M to 7.00 P.M.
Entry 2 wheelers: Rs.20/- per day
Entry 4 wheelers: Rs.50/- per day
Entry 4 wheelers big: Rs.70/- per day
Film shootings: Rs.7500/-
TV serials: Rs.3000/-
Film shooting/TV Serial: Rs.5000/-
Lawn cleaning charges: Rs.1000/-
Entry fee for Pedestrians: Rs.5/-
Park entry fee for RTC passengers: Rs.5/- per day
Mini bus: Rs.150/-
Tourist bus: 300/-
How to reach Kailasagiri?
From R.T.C Complex:
A.P tourism facilitated with R.T.C bus for the public to go to the Kailasagiri hill top. The Bus number is 10K and it will start from R.T.C Complex and will go to the Kailasagiri hill top. The total distance is below 9km and it will take around 30 minute to reach the destination.
People can also allowed with their personal vehicle like 2wheelers or 4wheelers till the Kailasagiri hill top. We can reach by searching on Google map from your current location. The best way to reach is from R.K Beach Road. This route will easy to nonlocal candidates without any confusion. The distance is around 9km and it may take 20 to 30 minutes.
From Railway Station:
Visakhapatnam railway station is the nearest railway station. The distance is 11 to 13 km from Vizag railway station and it may take 30 to 40 minutes journey. From railway station there are many travel facilities we can have. Like R.T.C buses or but it may have breakup journeys. You can book any taxi or autos directly to the hill top.
From Visakhapatnam International airport also you can reach Kailasagiri. The total distance is 18 km to 23 km with different routes. But the nearest route is via NH16 is around 18 km and will take 45 minutes journey. From Vizag airport also you can have A.P.S.R.T.C buses but also it may have breakup journeys. You can take taxi or book autos directly to the hill top.
Whenever you want to go out, you can prefer the Kailasagiri Park to enjoy its picturesque views.
If you like you can share this information with your friends, family, colleagues and neighbors. They can also know the some of information about Kailasagiri.